Sunday, August 11, 2013

Good bye, so long

And so the time to say good bye has finally arrived. 
After so much planning and thinking about this moment, the day to say good bye to all of our friends and family is here.Tomorrow is the day! 

The last few days have been a bit of a blur. Mixed feelings is a total understatement. Hearing the sadness on our closest friends' and family's voice is tough. I had made a silent promise to myself that I would say casual good byes. No sweet words, no long hugs. I broke my promise. It was inevitable. I said good bye to our best friends who we have shared the good, the bad and the ugly with, we said good bye to our cousins who we spent countless Shabbat dinners with, and the toughest of all, I said good bye to my brother and my sister in law. How could I keep my promise not to cry? It was the best broken promise ever! I sobbed like a little girl. Well needed and well deserved closure. 

We spent the day at the pool, with exceptional weather, clear blue skies, friends and family. We said good bye, cried a lot and promised to stay in touch. 

 I tried to talk to our friends and family in Israel, as much as i could as to compensate the "we'll miss yous" with the "we are waiting for yous"

14 years of wonderful experiences, of building a life in Miami, give way to a new chapter of our lives. I came to Miami as a teenager and leave now, just a tad older and a little wiser. Add a husband and two   kids, amazing friends and a ton of sunshine. Wow, I really will miss this place, no doubt about it, but I do feel more excitement about what's coming than nostalgia about what we are leaving behind. 

I am certain that what's awaiting us is amazing!



1 comment:

  1. All changes are good changes. Miracles occur when we have a shift in perception and that could happen every day! Bon continuation!! As French would say ;) xx

    ReplyDelete